This past weekend the kids got busy with the icing and candy! Without a doubt their favorite part of our yearly tradition is "taste testing" their creation! :o)
It's really too bad these house kits don't taste a little better. I guess the kids don't know it yet, but they're sort of yucky to my taste buds :) The decorating turned out really cute!
The house turned out so cute! Does it really come with all the candies? Or, do you have to buy your own? And, I love how Katie's shirt almost matches the house. What a great tradition!
It really does come with the candy. If you ask my kids, it should come with more!
Keep in mind after the initial taste testing most of it lands in the garbage. Nikki is right the gingerbread isn't very good. Carson and Katie will have a few pieces of it, but after 2 days it starts to collect dust. :o)
The kits are cheap and they love making them, so I don't mind.
It's really too bad these house kits don't taste a little better. I guess the kids don't know it yet, but they're sort of yucky to my taste buds :) The decorating turned out really cute!
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you Nikki, the gingerbread has a distinct "cardboard" taste to it. However my kids will eat anything covered in icing! :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! What a wonderful tradition!
ReplyDeleteThe house turned out so cute! Does it really come with all the candies? Or, do you have to buy your own? And, I love how Katie's shirt almost matches the house. What a great tradition!
ReplyDeleteIt really does come with the candy. If you ask my kids, it should come with more!
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind after the initial taste testing most of it lands in the garbage. Nikki is right the gingerbread isn't very good. Carson and Katie will have a few pieces of it, but after 2 days it starts to collect dust. :o)
The kits are cheap and they love making them, so I don't mind.