
This afternoon we joined the Myers at Thorntons' Christmas Tree Farm. The kids enjoyed a chilly hay ride, petting zoo, and free hot chocolate!






Of course the biggest excitement was finding our Christmas tree!







We've always had an artificial tree, so picking out our own tree was not only a fun experience, but our first! We couldn't of done it without Erin and Justin (and their expertise!)
A real tree is a beautiful thing. I don't blame you for being excited. Allergies and asthma have forced us to just use artificial. When we used to get them though, I seem to remember the folks putting sugar in the water the tree was in. I don't know if people still do that or not.
ReplyDeleteWe have an artificial one but I sometimes want to get a real one. They seem so "christmasey". And messy!
ReplyDeleteYou just can't beat the smell of a REAL tree. Maybe I'll ask Erin to help us get one next year! :) I'm sick of our fake one too.
ReplyDeleteSo the family room won out this year ... I think it looks nice there! We finally got ours into the house on Sunday (after a week of it sitting in a bucket of water in the garage) and the lights on. I put the tree skirt on today ... guess that means tomorrow night we should think about the ornaments! :-)
ReplyDelete