On Sunday we went for a walk a long Round Lake in Lacamas Park.I always imagine our strolls as relaxing... and maybe even quiet, with the occasional soft comment to one another...
Then I am quickly reminded that won't be the case. Carson takes our walks as his opportunity to talk non-stop. Which is great and all... but his conversations usually revolve around lego...
Star Wars Lego... Indiana Jones Lego.... Secret Agent Lego.... all the things he can make and create with... LEGO.
Yeah... I love the kid and all, but eventually I told him I couldn't talk about lego any more. He replied, "why Mom? Do you get too excited thinking about it?" :o)



I can relate to the lego fascination. Dylan has started getting the catalogs and looks through them for hours. I was quite surprised to learn there is a $500 lego set. I agree that legos are cool but I guess I do not have the mind of a little boy. Very cute story!
ReplyDeleteWe too are SO into Lego's that it is not even funny. We think about them constantly...this post actually made me laugh out loud to think of Carson asking you if you get too excited about Legos when you think about them and talk about them. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteCarson cracks me up! "I'm sorry Brenda, I just CAN'T talk about shoes and purses anymore." (I guess I just get too excited thinking about them)
ReplyDeleteAlways will be one of my favorite places to hike ... just jealous that you get your family out more than I seem to lately. NICE JOB!!!
ReplyDelete