Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pictures By Katie

Receiving pictures drawn for you by your children is always a self-esteem booster. Here are a couple of cute ones Katie drew for me this week.







This morning Katie was busy making pictures again. She proudly handed me this one.






Katie explained she drew me the Canadian flag so I could look at it and remember my family and friends who live there. (Sweet, I thought). She continued to explain that she couldn't draw a leaf very well, so she felt she should label it and make an arrow so I would know what it was. (Thoughtful :o). Just before she turned to go back to make another picture she added,


"Your flag is pretty, but mine is nicer. You only have a leaf on yours, but I have lots of stars on mine".


For so many reasons this left me speechless and a little sad. She is a proud American which is honestly great. I just wish she felt a little Canadian too.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the drawings big time! I'm glad she feels connected with the States too. I am thinking that as she gets older, and comes to Canada from time to time, she will also bond more with Canada too. It's a great country and the people aren't so bad either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her drawings ... future artist! future singer! future dancer! ... can't wait to see what her future does hold.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete