
9:20 am:
Mona called to inform me that she had set up a tent at the theater and left 2 girls (in the tent in front of us) in charge of watching it for us. I promised Mona I would visit the tent and bring the girls something as a thank you.
10:30 am:
I stopped by and met the two 18 year old girls who had been there since 5 am... in their tent with an air bed, a ton of blankets and their Twilight books. They had a pretty nice set up!! I gave them some Twilight Candy and a couple of (dollar store) games as a bribe to help them pass the time. :o)

2:00 ish:
Mona returned to the tent with Starbucks for the girls. While she was there it was announced the best seats for New Moon would be given to those who were seeing the 9:00 pm showing of Twilight. A few phone calls later (and a quick shift to a new line) we were all set for Twilight (except for poor Shawna who couldn't make it that early).
5:00 pm:
Mona returned to the movie line to find her tent, but our new friends were no longer there. Apparently one of the girls had a seizure and was taken away by ambulance. So sad! They were really sweet girls and so extremely excited to see New Moon. Apparently one had read the books over 30 times!!! We hope she is okay.
6:30 pm:
I joined Mona in line... and met some seriously obsessed fans. Like a girl who had a wolf pelt attached to her belt so she can "pet it" and feel closer to Jacob. Or the girl who could recite the entire Twilight movie (and I do mean the ENTIRE movie).


The crowd was friendly to one another. We just felt bad for the teenage boys working the doors and ticket counter. The management kept sending them outside with "new plans" on how to deal with the Twilight viewers and seats for New Moon. Although we were originally promised first pick of seats for New Moon thoughout the afternoon that changed. There were some understandably angry fans. In the end Mona went and found the Manager and came back saying, "I don't know about everyone else, but we are guarenteed to be one of the first to get seats for New Moon". What would we do without Mona! :o)
7:30 pm:
By 7:30 Theressa joined us in line and we were let inside shortly after. We sat in our Twilight Theater for 2 hours before the movie began. We kept busy eating junk food, talking and texting. It really went by quickly.

10:45 ish
Just before Twilight was over I went out to find Shawna. They wouldn't let her in until 11:30, but the rest of us were able to get into our New Moon theater and save her a prime spot with us. So all was good!



12:03 am - Woot!!!
At last New Moon is on the screen and although it was a little cheesey at parts we all enjoyed it. If you are a fan of the books you will enjoy New Moon!!!
Thanks for the hour by hour account. I thought you all were crazy but now I am jealous. Sounds like fun. Love the pic at the top..hadn't seen it before.
ReplyDeleteYour play-by-plays crack me up. Almost feel like I was there (though I don't know where you actually were, hmm?). Hope you caught up on your sleep today.
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. I can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a memorable time! I can't wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteYeee Gahhhhds! What an ending! I can't wait till the next show comes out!
ReplyDelete