
With the unexpected closure of our local Bally’s, the kids and I lost our favorite swim instructors this past August. We considered going elsewhere for swimming lessons but decided to wait.
Although the building is still empty, this past weekend swimming lessons started up again!! Yeah!
Although the building is still empty, this past weekend swimming lessons started up again!! Yeah!

If you live in Vancouver check out the Swim for Life Website. The lessons are being run through a local swim team (like it was before when Bally’s was “Health Experience”). The two instructors have 9+ years of teaching experience each. My neighbor (whose 2 sons are on the swim team) has only great things to say about both instructors and the program.
Harmony (who is teaching on Saturdays) developed the original program (that Bally’s continued to use) and has tweaked it a little to include teaching water safety. Even though we have only had one lesson, I feel very comfortable recommending them. :o)
My kids are thrilled to be swimming again!
PS: Rumor has it a new Fitness Club will be opening up in the space this January.
I am so glad that you posted this. I have had such a hard time finding lessons. The ones I like (Oxford) are on Tues/Thurs which do not work for me. We started Firstenburg yesterday and I can tell I am not going to like them. Will check this out.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out the site. They look happy to be back in the water!
ReplyDeleteThank you for informing me of this. I too have been debating signing my girls back up, but wasn't sure where to do it. I'm excited to have this new direction on the topic!
ReplyDelete