Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cub Scout Cake Auction


The Rules: The Cub Scout must make his cake with his father/uncle/grandfather… basically anyone of the female persuasion must step out of the kitchen and offer no advice or assistance.


The Reality: I not only shared my ideas, but the ideas of my friends (Sheri, Mona, my neighbor, and a mom friend at Katie’s ballet class). Carson and Al then proceeded to toss out our brilliant ideas and wing it on their own!!!!

The Tools: My neighbor’s cake decorating book, Mona’s frosting tools, a Duncan Hines cake mix and frosting, food coloring, black licorice nibs, Junior Mints and a pepperoni stick.


Ah yeah… you read that correctly… a pepperoni stick!! :o)

The Result: Their version of the army tanks shown in the cookbook. They had planned to make two tanks… and had enough cake to do so… but they ran into a time crunch! :o)


Carson’s cake was auctioned off for $25.00!!!!

Okay… so that was basically the standard going rate at the auction…and it was rigged with the troop leaders and a select number of parents placing false bids… only for the family to purchase back their own cake. Still the look of excitement and pride Carson (and each Cub Scout) had was priceless. :o)

4 comments:

  1. I love that they made a tank!!! (Hmmm, maybe a tank for next years Derby?) Very creative. And, after your extra comment, I had to re-read what the cake was made of ... I thought you had written peppermint stick (ha ha ha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! The cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did a GREAT job! Connor's cake fell apart. It was a bit of a mess and Anthony was very annoyed by it so as you know, we didn't make it. I'm really impressed by Carson's cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what an awesome job!! For their first time too? That's great!

    ReplyDelete