
We spent Mother’s Day at Beacon Rock State Park. Carson and Al had gone on hike with their Cub Scout Troop near-by a few weeks ago, but we’d never been to the park area.I loved it. Not only was it beautiful, but there was also a large open field with picnic tables and grills scattered with in it. We took the walking path that circled the park and then later went to the boat docking area for a better view of the Columbia River.
If you have never been here before (and live in Vancouver) I highly recommend going. It is a perfect place to bring a picnic lunch and a frisbee.


Beacon Rock 



Thank you Brenda, for posting these pics! I drive past Beacon Rock every time I go home to Idaho, and have never known what type of place it was to drag the kids to. A paved path and picnic tables sounds divine. Do you think kids could do bikes on the path? Too hilly? Too long? Looks like you had a good day. I myself spent the hellish 3 hours in church AND had a small role in a little play. Can you picture it?
ReplyDeleteYeah Nikki, for some reason I can picture you in a play. I would of loved to have seen it !!!
ReplyDeleteThe kids could easily do bikes on the paved path. It is flat and smooth (no hills) the entire distance. The walk itself took about 30 minutes, but that included stops to pick "flowers" and look for four-leaf clovers. We'll be going back again.
Thanks for reminding me about this place, Brenda! Ages ago, on one of our early dates, Ryan and I hiked to the top of the rock. Is there still a path to do that?? I remember it was really easy, a switchback trail.
ReplyDeleteYes Melanie, we could see people climbing it!! Al and I want to get a sitter for the kids one afternoon and give it at try. :o)
ReplyDeleteI've climbed Beacon Rock (I recall getting a little winded even though it was a switchback) and the top of it is a teeny-tiny little look out area. But, I didn't know about the park ... soooo pretty! I love your photos. Looks like the PERFECT Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete