Katie has had sleep-overs with one friend. And last year her birthday theme was an "almost sleepover" where her friends came in pj's, but left by bedtime. I decided to be brave this year and let Katie have the real thing.
You might notice the summer-like outfits most of the girls are wearing. That's because it is actually warm enough in Minnesota (in March yet) for tank tops and flip flops!
Katie's party started at 6:00PM. We first had pizza followed by cake.
Next, Katie opened her presents
With some fabric markers the girls signed each others pillows and drew pictures. We had done something similar last year at Katie's almost sleep-over party. It had been a big hit, so we decided to do it again. Notice Carson is in on the action. One of Katie's friends was unable to come to the party, so Carson happily took over the extra pillow. Carson (of course) drew Angry Birds....
My plan was to offer some medi pedi's. However, the girls were having so much fun dancing, I decided not to interrupt.
At 9:30, I had the girls pick a movie to watch. They choose "Tangled" and got snuggled into their sleeping bags. The movie wasn't over until 11:30, but by then 3 out of the 5 were already asleep! This left Katie and one other girl. I think they were both happy to have the lights turned out so they could get some sleep too. I had really struggled to settle Carson and his buddies down during their sleep over. So this experience was a welcomed surprise. Of course the girls did wake up far too early for my taste (I heard giggling around 6:15 am). :o)
Everyone got a long great the entire time - zero drama. Which made it easy on Katie's parents. :o)









That's awesome! I bet you she'll never forget this b-day, and it will always be one of her faveorites!
ReplyDeleteCindy.