Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Good-Byes....

While getting ready to leave Vancouver these past few weeks, I started compiling a list.  A list of people, places and memories I am going to miss so much.
… my amazing, wonderful, one-of-kind friends
… Linus, our “adopted” neighborhood cat. 
… Ruby’s Beer (the first and only beer I enjoy)
… Fred Meyer and Burgerville
… lawn chairs in my driveway / fellow neighborhood moms chatting and randomly yelling out “CAR!”
… green moss growing everywhere
… our wonderful elementary school
… Coach Harmony (Carson and Katie's swim teacher)
… outdoor Easter Egg Hunts
… the Oregon Coast just over an hour away.
… the many waterfalls, evergreens and beautiful walking paths
… my yearly Girl’s Weekend at the Coast (I plan on flying in for as many of these as I can afford!)
… my silly nicknames: B, Princess and Brunk Drenda
… sharing my fancy “one of a kind” tacos with people who appreciate them
… Carson’s Karate classes
… Bunco with my gal pals
… participating in Bazaars with Helen
… forgetting I am too old to be “clubbing” in Portland
… “Drunk Mona” and “Red Wine Erin”
… Katie’s Girl Scout Troop & Moms
… enjoying a beer or glass of wine with my bag of popcorn at the movie theater.
… Carson’s weekly allergy shot with Nurse Becky – after 4 years she has become a friend.
… my 3 mile early morning walks (in the dark and in the rain) with Erin.
… my neighborhood.
… my home


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to the area and the people who will miss YOU!!! It's nice to know that no matter where you are, you'll eventually compile a list of what you treasure; good luck in your new location and enjoy the process of list-building. I DO hope you make it back for your beach weekends and other visits. -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry.....
    Mo

    ReplyDelete