Carson was cool and calm before the competition. Although he admitted to me his stomach had butterflies and that he was a little nervous. I didn't see it until his first event - Forms. At home he practiced at a slower pace with more precision. At the competition he whipped through his form like his pants were on fire! I can't blame him. It took a lot of guts to go up in front of a set of judges and perform. My heart was in my throat the entire time.
I was soooo proud of him!!! Next up was the weapons form. He choose to use his bow staff. There were two boys in this with Carson who were beyond good. I knew they would secure first and second place. So Carson was in the running with 3 others for 3rd Place
My fingers were crossed, but it wasn't until his name was called that I knew for sure Carson had won!!!
Carson is far more braver then I had ever been at his age. I was proud of him for just wanting to try! His trophy has been a great boast to his self-esteem, which for Carson is never a bad thing!




Wonderful job! Way to go Carson!-Cindy
ReplyDeleteHe's such a great kid with lots of heart, and I know awards, while they don't define a kid, can really be an esteem booster like you said. 3rd place is AWESOME. His momma ought to be proud :)
ReplyDeleteSelf-esteem and GROWN UP!!! I saw a whole new kid outside playing when we drove by on Saturday! YAY Carson!!!
ReplyDelete