Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Singing Fish


At the end of Katie's swimming lesson today she went to the large outdoor pool and swam a lap on her back!!! This was huge!!! The fact that she even agreed to get in the pool was a big step. It is nice to see her confidence growing.

She started off holding on to her instructor's hand for dear life...



But, by the end she was swimming on her own! Yeah Katie!!


Recently Katie declared she wants to be a rock star (and not just for Halloween). She informed me that she needs a black wig, "cooler" clothes and a guitar...

This week the kid's attended our church's VBS program (Vocational Vacation Bible School) and received a copy of all the songs they had learned. Below is Miss Katie getting her groove on. I think she is going to keep my life interesting. :o)

3 comments:

  1. 'Vocational' Bible School huh? You make me laugh, B.

    I love how comfortable Katie is getting in the pool. That's what i want for my kids, but haven't found swimming lessons to sign them up for - I need to go where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that! LOL!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Nick got to see Katie swim in the BIG pool--I think it really helped him see what he "could" do (and you know he finished his first week strong!)... thanks Katie!!!

    Nick wants to be a rocker, too! He wants to be a drummer. Maybe we should have a "rocker playdate" (hee, hee)!

    ReplyDelete