Monday, August 31, 2009

My Summer Project

I decided this summer to catch up on my photo albums. This wasn't a small task since I basically stopped putting albums together after Katie was born.

I have a "camera happy" personality and tend to take far too many pictures of my kids. So I picked large albums that hold 300 pictures. Since my goal was to have only one album per year, I made sure it was possible to add more pages to my albums... and yes I've had to add several!!!

I started with this year and worked backwards. I'm happy to say that I am up to date on 2009 and completed 2008 and 2007. Yeah!!

Sadly, I still have 3 more years to go!!!

It is overwhelming, but fortunately I have always kept my pictures organized and dated. I just work on them one month at a time. My goal is to be done by Christmas. My new year's project will be organizing my videos of the kids and getting them burned into DVD's.

If nothing else I think I have learned my lesson. I doubt I'll ever let myself fall this far behind again!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am planning on doing the same thing once school starts. Corinne's first 2 years are scrapbooked and nothing has been done since. Many pictures are in photo boxes but I have barely printed anything in the last 2 years. It is going to be a major project.
    Perrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey at least you are taking care of it now when you are young. You can add on to your collection as time goes on. The kids will cherish it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you captioning them too, or just inserting them? AND ... can I hire you to come do mine???
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. look through pictures saved on external drive.

    2. photo shop each picture I want to print.

    3. download onto Walgreens site and crop each picture

    4. print and pick-up at Walgreens

    5. date and label back of each picture.

    6. put pictures in order and then in photo album.

    7 caption each picture in album.

    And... only 3 more years to go... (sob!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's seriously AMBITIOUS!!! You deserve a night out--maybe, movie & drinks. Oh wait! We're already doing that this weekend.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Can you do mine next? I'm only 7 years behind!

    ReplyDelete