Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!


Today Al took the afternoon off and we left the kids with a wonderful sitter (and daughter of Jeri’s) :o).

Al and I headed towards Beacon Rock with the plan to hike up it. We felt it would be too steep and hard for the kids, but we were wrong. (Not that the kids minded as (in their words) they hadn't had a babysitter in years and were very excited to spend the afternoon with Laura).

The one mile (mostly paved) walk up took us only half an hour. Keep in mind that I (in my allergy weakened, asthma suffering state) slowed Al down a little. You might not believe me, but physically the walk was rather easy. Carson and Katie could of done it.



It was a fun afternoon and we ended it with ice-cream (just don’t let the kids know that part). :oP

As usual the pictures do not do the view justice.


Proof that we made it to the top of Beacon Rock! :oP

3 comments:

  1. Yay YOU!!! Not only for making it to the top, but getting a DATE hike out of it--nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - LOVE the new header photo. I need to revisit my blog's look...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I bet you were wishing you had a little A/C fan strapped to you, after weather like yesterday's! Love the photos as always. Definitely something for me to try *one of these days!*

    ReplyDelete