Monday, July 18, 2011
Wings & Waves
Today we spent 8.5 hours going up and down water slides and riding the waves at Wings and Waves in McMinnville.
The kids and I drove down with our neighbor Helen and her kids. We arrived when they opened (10:00 am) and didn't leave until 6:45!!! I am one of the few people from Vancouver who has not been to Great Wolf Lodge, so I can't give a comparison. I will say it is expensive and I think it is more geared for children 7 years and up. On the positive side, there was a lot of things to do (even a fun interactive water museum upstairs, which was a great break from the water after lunch). It was very clean and very well run. Our children (7, 9 and 11) didn't want to leave at the end of the day. My household gives it 3 thumbs up! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! Was it busy? The first picture looked like it was super busy, but you managed to get a lot of pictures with just them in it. Looks like something my kids would enjoy, way too much.
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to post my name on my comment... I was trying to add a comment under the Google account, but it hasnt let me in months... Jeri
ReplyDeleteY'all are the 1st I know of to visit here! It looks VERY fun! I can't believe how long you managed to stay down there. I love your photos--now I feel like I have a better idea of how it's layed out. I like that they have inner tubes in the wave pool (Great Wolf removed theirs for "liability"--or so they say--BOO!).
ReplyDeleteJeri, most of the water pictures I took were in the morning before the place got busy. By the way, I owe you an email and an update. I hope Arizona is treating you well. :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the pics. I really want to try this place. Even as pricey as it is, I think it comes in far under Great Wolf and who needs to stay in a hotel if you can just drive home after the fun!? Looks like a great option for summer and winter both. -Nikki
ReplyDelete