Monday, June 13, 2011

Where Mosquitoes Sleep Under The Snow...

As everyone knows our family is moving... we love Vancouver so much, and that is mostly because of the amazing people we have met here...

The one bright point to our move is that we will be much closer to our family back in Canada.  In fact it will be about an 8 hour drive!!!  Hopefully this will mean that Carson and Katie will see their grandparents, and cousins more then once a year now.


I googled the city we are moving too (which is about an hour outside of Minneapolis) and found these beautiful pictures...




This is a picture of downtown.  The population is approximately 24, 000 people.  There are 2 Starbucks, 1 Target and 1 Walmart.  There isn't a transit system... but there is never any rush hour traffic either.  It is going to be a different way of life for us.

I also found a few somewhat "scary" pictures... after 10 years of winters consisting of dark skies and constant rain... this coming winter will be a bit of an adjustment....


I know July is going to come and go quickly.  Before I know it we'll be packing up and starting our new life in the Midwest.  I don't think it has really sunk in yet.  We are really going to miss Vancouver and all the people we leave behind.   

PS:  It was Sheri (during  a casual conversation) who referred to Minnesota as the place "where mosquitoes sleep under the snow".  I loved that analogy so much I had to use it for my post title.  :o)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda, I think the town looks adorable!! We are going to miss you SO MUCH. :( I'm so happy that you will be so close to your family, and you never know - with those photos, you might tempt some of us to come see you (in the Springtime, of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is better when you have a plan in place, so I'm glad you're slowly preparing for the move to Minnesota. I don't think you can go wrong with small towns - and small towns with a Target, even better! The photos look really nice! We sure are going to miss you though, but as history has demonstrated, you don't always live out your life where you go each time :) - maybe you'll be back! Good luck with everything. -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! I didn't know you were moving. It's nice you're going to be closer to home though! Wish you were here! Good luck on the move, and keep in touch eh? :-)Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still not quite sure I was the one to help you with the title of this post ... but if you say I said it, I'll just say you're welcome! I loved the photos of downtown. I love small towns--not that I've actually lived in one, unless you count my college town. It was a rural town (35,000 I think) when I moved there and 6 years later was an urban town over 50,000! Meanwhile, right now, you're still here. Let the summer begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The town looks pretty! And you can't be too sad, there's a Target!! You and your family will be missed. I'm glad you have the blog so I can keep up with you guys. What date are you planning on moving?

    ReplyDelete