Thursday, June 16, 2011

2 Hours

The kids have only 2 hours of school today and then summer break officially begins!  It is bitter sweet for them.  They are very excited and ready for summer, but they are also struggling with the understanding that today is their last day at this school.  I think it is making our upcoming move feel much more real.  Katie has been counting down all this week (last library day, last PE, last time eating in the lunch room...). 

I love comparing the first day of school pictures to their last day.  They sure have grown a lot this year.

September

June



You can see changes within the kids in our neighborhood too.

September

June

The parents in both Carson's and Katie's classrooms combined their money to buy something special for the teachers.  However, Katie wanted to make Mrs. W. something on her own.


I came across a great buy... 3 wooden frames for $2 at Michael's Craft Store.  I spent a few dollars as Katie plans to make more to give her friends before we move.

Today she brought in a frame for her teacher and one for David who, (as Katie likes to explain) is a "boy" and her "friend").  Due to teasing earlier on in the year they stopped openly referring to themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend.  :o)


She wrote a special message on the back of each frame that she wanted to keep private.



Soon the kids will be arriving home on the bus for the last time. 
Hello Summertime!!!

5 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! They have really grown indeed? So when are you moving Brenda?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, we hope to join Al out there at the end of July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, what a great way to do the frames. :) I still can't believe they only had 2 hours for a last day. Crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Katie wrote her own special message on the back of each frame--what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever artist Katie is. They grew so much in a year. I wish I thought to take pics like this. -Nikki

    ReplyDelete