Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekend Guests

Last  Saturday we had the privilege of having the Kurlo family stay with us for the night. MOMS Club "Old Timers" know Amy and her family from when they lived here in Vancouver. We were on the MC Board together (she was the secretary, and I put together the newsletter). Then they moved out to California, and about a year later (in 2007) my family moved as well.

Amy and her family made the move bearable for me and gave my kids (just 2 and 4 at the time) instant friends to play with in our new city.

After a year in California my family moved back to Vancouver. As excited as I was to head back to the 'Couv, I was very sad to say good-bye to my amazing friend and her sweet children.

Almost 4 years have gone by since then, so I was thrilled to learn they'd be making a quick stop in Vancouver.


Perrin came by too, and they both politely ate the (questionable) barbecue dinner I prepared. :o)

It was so great seeing them again and watching the kids play together after so long. Their visit was much too short!

Max and Carson
2007 - 5 Years Old

Max, Carson and Colton (5 Yrs)
2011 - 9 Years Old


Gracie and Katie
2007 - 3 Years Old

Gracie and Katie
2011 - 7 Years Old


Some things never change.  Back when they were 3 years old the girls loved to dance.  Here they are dancing to the Care Bears.




4 years later the girls danced to "Just Dance Kids" on the Wii.

1 comment:

  1. What a great collection of pics of the kids. Thanks for having me. I loved seeing you both.

    ReplyDelete