Below is a bag I made using Fred Myer bags, handles from a $2 bag I purchased at Good Will, and I lined with an old vinyl placement.



This bag was also made with Fred Myer bags (a long with black garbage bags). I found another bag at Good Will (for handles) and purchased a cheap vinyl table cloth for the lining.



I love adding recycled handles to the bags, but I really struggled with making the lining fit just right. I guess my sewing skills need some work! This led me to the idea of using the linings from the purses/bags I was buying for their handles. I've made a few this way and they are turning out not too badly.
This purse is made with brown Safeway bags, and black garbage bags.

From left to right: Fred Myer bags, Various white bags with colored print, Safeway bags




I love adding recycled handles to the bags, but I really struggled with making the lining fit just right. I guess my sewing skills need some work! This led me to the idea of using the linings from the purses/bags I was buying for their handles. I've made a few this way and they are turning out not too badly.
This purse is made with brown Safeway bags, and black garbage bags.

From left to right: Fred Myer bags, Various white bags with colored print, Safeway bags

I don't know if they are really good enough to actually sell yet, but I am having fun trying to design and create my bags.
Thanks to all my Vancouver friends and neighbors who have been saving bags for me. This week Erin dropped off a trunk load of bags she and 2 other friends had saved. It is funny how excited I get when someone hands me a bunch of grocery bags!
Thanks to all my Vancouver friends and neighbors who have been saving bags for me. This week Erin dropped off a trunk load of bags she and 2 other friends had saved. It is funny how excited I get when someone hands me a bunch of grocery bags!
I'm amazed by your talent! Do you want me to bring you more bags on Monday?
ReplyDeleteBe careful or you be know as the local bag lady! I'm in awe of your creativity and ability to take stuff people are throwing away and making something so useful.
ReplyDeleteTracy
Brenda! They are turning out great!! I think you'll be surprised how well they sell when you get your booth set up. I'm so impressed by your skillz. Yeah, that's right. With a Z for Zowwie! I'll continue to help collect bags.
ReplyDeleteI think you've found your calling .... LOVE 'EM!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. English Estate Winery is having an Art&Wine Fair on July 10-11 (not sure what booth rental is), but if you and your neighbor wanted a trial run ... this is a local/FUN one!
Those bags are completely adorable! They should sell like crazy! I loved the first one you showed. I would love to see them up close. I may have a bunch of bags also. Jeri
ReplyDeleteBrenda!! FABULOUS!! You need to set up a shop w/ your bags AND coffee cozies!! :)
ReplyDelete