Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Graduates


Monday was the kid's last full day of school (although the weather made it feel more like Fall then Summer).

Waiting for the bus on the first day of school



Waiting for the bus on the last day of school.
I don't see a big change in my kids, but some of their friends have really sprouted up!


The kids each made a card for their teachers. This is Carson's...




Katie's card to her teacher...




Carson's 2nd grade diploma. He is now my proud 3rd Grader!
He is growing up so fast !


Introducing my first grader... although sensing my sadness, Katie did tell me I could continue calling her my "little kindergartener". :o)

Of course moments later she said in her perfect teenage voice, "I should be AT LEAST 7 years old. I feel like I have been here FOREVER.


Katie's last homework assignment was to write down her favorite thing about Kindergarten. In typical Katie style she could not stop at one thing. Parents were not allowed to assist in any way, so what is written below is 100% Katie (translation is written below :o)



My favorite thing about Kindergarten is Writers Workshop and my Star Day. And Readers Workshop. I love the snacks at Kindergarten. I love my mom volunteering in my class. I love recess. I love Mrs. _____!!! (her teacher)

And now the summer break begins! The kids are thrilled and I am just hoping I have enough planned to keep them busy and happy this summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Where does the time go? Your kids are taking the bus to school, they're moving on up ... and look how nice they're writing!!! The hand-written notes are the best!

    p.s. I have a "TON of things-to-do for summer" list. Let me know if you get stuck for ideas.

    ReplyDelete