
I loved (loved, loved, LOVED) reading about Ramona the Pest when I was little.
This summer, the whole family really enjoyed the movie Ramona and Beezus (Ramona's school picture was priceless!).
This Fall, Carson has been reading about Ramona's neighbor Henry Higgins and his dog Ribsy.




So we were all excited to visit Grant Park in Portland this weekend. The author of Ramona's adventures (Beverly Cleary) lived in the area (as did her characters). In tribute, the statues were constructed and can be viewed at the park!


This summer, the whole family really enjoyed the movie Ramona and Beezus (Ramona's school picture was priceless!).
This Fall, Carson has been reading about Ramona's neighbor Henry Higgins and his dog Ribsy.




So we were all excited to visit Grant Park in Portland this weekend. The author of Ramona's adventures (Beverly Cleary) lived in the area (as did her characters). In tribute, the statues were constructed and can be viewed at the park!


How awesome! Those are great pics, Brenda! I didn't realize Beverly Cleary lived in Portland - how cool!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool! I didn't know about the statues in Grant Park. This summer we also were on a Bev Cleary kick ... Nick LOVES "Henry and the Paper Route!" We haven't seen the movie yet, but hopefully can rent it over the holidays.
ReplyDeleteThats one of my all time favorite parks! Huge Bev Cleary fan. Went there when we first moved here. So fun!
ReplyDelete