This afternoon as the bus pulled up to drop the kids off I could see my darling 6 year old daughter pointing to her bus mate. A boy!
She has spoken (with affection) of this classmate in the past. I also know they tend to sit together quite often on the bus ride home from school.
As we walked towards our house Katie asked me if I saw him and then added, "he likes me".
So I had to ask... out of genuine curiosity...
"So is he your boyfriend?" :o)
Katie smiled and said, "Mom, today in the lunch line he asked me if I would be his girlfriend". Then she added, "You know, I might marry him some day. Although another boy might want to marry me too".
It is good to see she isn't limiting her options!!! :o)
I remember Carson's first (and as far as I know, only) girlfriend. He was in first grade also. :o)
Tonight Katie said it was too bad that she couldn't marry Daddy... because I had already done that. I laughed and said, "you're not thinking of stealing my husband are you?" She laughed and replied that she'd rather marry me. Well, I was honored (of course)and maybe even a little smug to have have knocked out her Dad and boyfriend for top spot. Katie then went on to explain that we really could get married because some women do, and that its okay. She really warmed my heart. :o)
Soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteJust make sure, like a good mom, that you tell her she can't get married til she's 30. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree Nikki. I like to remind katie of what her Kindergarten teacher used to say often... "no kissing until collage". :o)
ReplyDelete