Friday, January 29, 2010

Everyone was Kung Fu Fighting!

That darn song kept playing in my head as I watched Carson at his very first Marshal Arts class tonight. :o)



Carson admitted before we arrived that he was a little nervous. However once we arrived any fear he might of had seemed to disappear. Carson was clearly in his element, and I am guessing that bouncing up and down with excitement isn’t an official “kung fu move”, but he couldn’t contain his joy. :o)

My favorite moment was when his instructors brought out wooden boards and explained to the students that if they wanted to earn their white belt tonight, they’d have to break one. I wish I had a picture of Carson’s jaw hitting the floor. Shock turned into pure excitement… and as you can see by the picture below he nailed that board on the first try (yes, all the students did, but that didn’t take away the pride he felt).


I’m thinking this might be the perfect activity for Carson. :o)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carson!

    There's Kung Fun in the air today ... this afternoon, John asked Nicholas if he wanted to go back and try it again (N sorta freaked out when it came close to breaking the board--but he had to do it by himself in the back room to earn his white belt so he could join the class out front--maybe because he was still 4yr old then).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Way to go Carson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Good job Carson!!

    ReplyDelete