
It started off innocent enough. Carson asked if his friend Fred could sleepover at our house. It ended with Carson going to Fred's house instead, and Fred's sister (Katie's best buddy) sleeping here. Normally I wouldn't feel comfortable with the idea at their age. But over the past year we have gotten to know this family very well. I wasn't at all hesitant in letting Carson spend the night at their house.

The girls... now most sane individuals would say that 5 is too young for a sleep over. Maybe I was over ambitious, I'll admit that. :o) I had envisioned tucking the girls in and listening to quiet whispers and tiny giggles before they fell a sleep at a respectable hour. I had not pictured the fear of monsters (a ploy to stay up later), the room changes...and the loud laughter and shrieks of joy until 10:00 pm!!!


However with that said, both sleepovers were huge successes with neither child wanting to return to their respective homes!! Perhaps more importantly... the Moms survived!!! :o)
Weren't they just babies?? Like yesterday?? Sigh.
ReplyDeleteYay Mom!!! Yay Katie!!! Yay Carson!!! Now, how long will it be before they ask "can we do that again?" :-)
ReplyDeleteOh man, you're braver than me. I'm holding off on sleepovers for as long as possible. I'm hoping she'll never even consider the possibility of having a friend spend the night! Looks like they had fun though.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I'm so glad their first sleepover experience will have GOOD memories for all of you! :)
ReplyDelete