Katie is a big note writer. In fact we have shared a journal since she was in Kindergarten. She will write me usually when she is mad or sad. When we were in Florida she kept a running count on how many girls she saw with pierced ears. I would get updates throughout the day. When we got home, she wrote me a long letter in our journal. (If you can't read it, I will type out what she said below).
I do want to play with Savannah, but I want to write to you. I know I can't get my ears done but here are so many reasons that will change your mind. That when we were on our trip I saw 161 kids that had their ears done. All of my bff's in Owatonna has their ears done. Plus you because you have your ears done. I'm so very very very jealous of all the people I've seen. So if you want me to have the best life ever pretty please let me get my ears done. Imagine if you were me. Very, very jealous.
From your friend that doesn't have their ears done.
Katie
You may be wondering how I could possibly say no to that. Well, Al and I have agreed to let her get her ears done... we just added a few conditions. Conditions that will prove to us that she is a mature girl who will be able to take care of her ears. She might think we are being mean, but we are not asking for much... If she keeps it up, Katie will earn her pierced ears by the end of the month. Stay tuned!


I remember I was around 9 years old or so, I begged my mom to pierce my ears. She did her best to warn me about how much it hurt. I didn't realize how much it was going to hurt. She froze my earlobes as best she could and then pierced them using a needle that had been sterilized first in boiling water. It hurt for quite awhile afterwards, but I was thrilled to get it done. If you do decide to go through with it, are you doing it at home too? :-)
ReplyDeleteCindy
Oh my, I think you have a future negotiator, lawyer, etc, on your hands! LOL That was THE BEST list of reasons I have ever read to try to get something--very clear and concise! So, yes, I would have been tempted to say yes if she were my daughter ... but, I remember being 9 and trying to convince my mom ... I FINALLY was allowed to when I was 13 WITH conditions ... no hoops, no dangles, ONLY studs ... but I took the deal! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo cute and so sweet. I have recently tried to talk Grace into getting her's pierced...and she will NOT do it...she says she is too scared.
ReplyDelete